It seems like just last week that I was writing my 2013 Running Recap. Of course, that is probably because I have been such an infrequent blogger this year. I guess I do not see the need to write a post unless I actually have something to say. Regardless, we will usher in 2015 tomorrow. Therefore, the following is a recap of my running in 2014:
Running summary => 365 days and 2,441.0 miles (daily average = 6.7 miles)
Current running streak => 1,104 days and 7,697.9 miles (daily average = 7.0 miles)
Total races => 20
- 6 5Ks (ABB 5K in downtown Houston; TX, 2nd leg of the Mercedes Marathon Relay in downtown Birmingham, AL; Iron Tribe 5K from Sloss Furnaces in Birmingham, AL; Junior League of Birmingham 5K from Regions Field in downtown Birmingham, AL; Girls on the Run 5K from Marconi Park in downtown Birmingham, AL; Happy Hour Hustle 5K in the Town of Mt. Laurel)
- 2 10Ks (Vulcan Run in downtown Birmingham, AL; Sam Lapidus Montclair Run from Levite Jewish Community Center in Mountain Brook, AL)
- 1 10-Miler (Red Shoe Run from SoHo in Homewood, AL)
- 7 Half Marathons (Mercedes Half Marathon in downtown Birmingham, AL; Tuscaloosa Half Marathon from the amphitheater in Tuscaloosa, AL; Scottsboro Half Marathon in Goosepond Colony in Scottsboro, AL; Rockin’ Choccolocco Half Marathon at Coleman Lake Campground near Heflin, AL; run leg of the Toughman Alabama Triathlon from Lakeside Park in Pell City, AL; Talladega 21000 Half Marathon at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, AL; Magic City Half Marathon from Regions Field in downtown Birmingham, AL)
- 3 Marathons (Chevron Houston Marathon in downtown Houston, TX; Boston Marathon from Hopkinton to Boston, MA; TCS New York City Marathon through all five boroughs of New York, NY)
- 1 Relay (Bourbon Chase Relay along Kentucky’s Bourbon Trail with three legs totaling 21.8 miles)
Total Personal Records => 1
- 1/19/14 — Marathon PR at Chevron Houston Marathon (downtown Houston, TX) in 3:51:18
It was not quite as busy as the last couple of years, but a successful running year nonetheless. I had to deal with more illness than past years. I also had a few nagging injuries. Both affected my mileage but nothing was so bad that I could not maintain my streak.
Since I started logging my mileage in 2009, I have run a total of 13,155 miles. I am averaging 183 miles per month over the seven years through this year. I expect 2015 to be another fun running year.